Classes begin quarterly
Online Product Management Boot Camp in Austin, Texas
Become a Product Manager in 18 Weeks
Product management is an organizational function that guides every step of a product’s lifecycle: from development, to positioning and pricing, by focusing on the product and its customers first and foremost (Atlassian Agile Coach). Its multidisciplinary responsibilities make it attractive to some of the most ambitious and creative problem solvers across industries.
The Product Management Boot Camp at Texas McCombs is designed to help you launch or accelerate a career in Product through a hands-on, 18-week curriculum. Through engaging online classes and real-world applications, you’ll gain experience building products like the pros.
- Master how to manage an entire product experience — not just a feature set — using popular frameworks and tools.
- Develop in-demand product management skills by completing real-world projects that include product roadmapping, sprint planning and execution, epic and user story creation, feature prioritization, product analytics, A/B testing, and SQL.
- Study part-time through an innovative online format, combining engaging content to work through on your own schedule and interactive live classes with expert instructors.
- Complete the program with a robust portfolio of projects that demonstrate your working knowledge and product management skills.
Hands-On Product Management Experience
Over the course of 18 weeks, you will gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization through a unique, blended experience of weekly, flexible content and live virtual classes led by instructors in the field.
Develop the Essentials
- Cross-functional leadership
- Market analysis and segmentation
- Persona development
- Business model development
- Value proposition definition
- Agile project management
Set Yourself Apart
- Design thinking
- Rapid prototyping
- Insight mining
- Data visualization
Deliver Great Products
- Roadmap development
- Backlog management
- Epic and user story creation
- Feature prioritization
- Sprint planning and execution
- Product Life Cycle management
- Customer insight analysis
- OKR and KPI definition
- Funnel and cohort analysis
- Data analysis
- Product optimization
- Hypothesis formation
- A/B testing
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
By the End of The Product Management Boot Camp at Texas McCombs, You Can Expect to Be Able to:
- Define your target audience using tools like personas and value proposition canvas
- Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, from developers to executives
- Write effective user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Plan and execute an agile product sprint
- Write SQL queries to pull usage data from product databases
- Use product analytics tools to make data-driven product decisions
- Build wireframes and prototypes using in-demand industry tools
Get Program Info
Is a Product Manager Boot Camp for You?
Whether you’re trying to accelerate your career in product or looking to break into product management, this boot camp is a fit for you if you are a:
- Engineer or developer who wants to manage a product’s entire lifecycle
- Researcher or designer who wants to prioritize problems to solve, not just uncover them
- Operations or project manager who wants to decide what to build, not just how to do it
- Product manager who wants to take their career and credibility to the next level
How to Apply to the Product Management Online Boot Camp
- Form Submission. Fill out our interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the boot camp in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the boot camp and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the boot camp, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you.
Part-Time Product Management Class Schedule
- 18-week class
- Two instructor-led virtual class days per week and engaging coursework and challenges to work through on your own schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
Admission to UT Austin is not a requirement for enrollment in the Product Management Boot Camp.
No product management experience is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of professional experience.
The Market for Product Managers in Austin, Texas
Do you have great product ideas and the drive to see them to fruition? If so, product management might be for you. This field requires the ability to take a product from initial concept to launch — all while working collaboratively with stakeholders. If that sounds intriguing to you, here is some good news: Jobs in the product management field are projected to grow 11.6 percent in the next 10 years, according to Burning Glass Technologies 2020 Labor Insight™. This is significantly higher than the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) 8 percent projected growth rate for all occupations through 2030. Interestingly, Burning Glass also ranks Texas with the second-highest number of product manager job postings in the nation during the last 12 months.
In Texas, the median product manager salary is $103,000, which ranks in the top 10 highest median product manager salaries in the country. And, while salary may depend on factors including experience, in-demand skills, company size, and industry, it’s certainly safe to say product management is a lucrative field to pursue.
Even better, according to Indeed.com, top Texas employers such as Apple, PlayVS, Realtor.com, Under Armour, IBM, and Cloudflare are all looking for product managers who can develop that next life-changing product.
Product managers possess a blend of hard and soft skills, including communication and prioritization as well as research, analytical, and marketing skills. The Product Management Boot Camp at Texas McCombs features a hands-on curriculum that immerses learners into challenging scenarios and collaborative opportunities that mimic real-world environments.
Learn more about The Product Management Boot Camp by calling an admissions advisor at (512) 308-3584 or filling out the form below.
Get Program Info
UT Austin Boot Camps are offered in partnership with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
About Trilogy Education Services
Trilogy Education is a workforce accelerator that empowers the world’s leading universities to prepare professionals for high-growth careers in the digital economy. Thousands of people around the globe have completed Trilogy-powered programs, and more than 2,000 companies—including 50% of the Fortune 100—employ them.