Classes begin quarterly
Online UX/UI Bootcamp in Austin
Learn UX/UI in 24 Weeks
User Experience Researcher and UI Designer are among the top 100 best jobs in America, with a projected growth rate of 15.9% and 8.4%, respectively.* Texas is one of the top states hiring UX/UI designers today who possess baseline skills like problem-solving and creativity, and specialized skills like visual design and prototyping. A UX/UI design boot camp can help you acquire these in-demand skills and create a portfolio that reflects relevant business cases that employers seek.
Now more than ever, companies need innovative thinkers with the ability to transform their businesses through optimized interfaces and seamless user experiences. The UX/UI Boot Camp at UT Austin prepares you with the creative skills you need for UX research and UI design. Ready to learn more? Apply today.
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening hours.
- Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
- Tap into our wide range of career-planning services to help you succeed in the field.
What Students Receive
- Through immersive instruction and complex projects, students learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers, employing user-centered design and creative tools to build compelling designs and user experiences.
- Students receive access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students will be equipped with the technical skills they need to be competitive in the fields of user experience research and user interface design, and will learn skills needed for effective product management and collaboration with front-end web development teams.
- Those working to change career paths receive extensive career-planning assistance, including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
- Students will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion in UX/UI from UT Austin, showcasing their accomplishments to future employers.
Dynamic UX/UI Curriculum
Through this engaging, part-time program, students graduate with the skills and confidence to join the ranks of industry-shaping creative professionals. The curriculum covers*:
User-Centric Design Research:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Practices
- Information Architecture and Flow
- User Need Identification
- User Experience Interviewing
- Persona Creation
- Insight Synthesis
Visual Prototyping and Wireframing:
- Adobe XD
- Google Slides
- Decision Mapping
- Decision Flow Diagrams
User Interface Development:
- Atomic Design
- UI Grids and Composition
- Color Theory
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Interaction Design and Iconography
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
How to Apply to the UX/UI Boot Camp
Steps to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Embark on Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
UX/UI Careers & Job Outlook
UX/UI design has become increasingly important to organizations as business is now commonly conducted almost entirely online. And, just as a good user experience can help retain customers, a bad user experience can negatively impact ROI and market share for companies that rely on websites and applications to engage customers. As a result, UX researcher and UX design jobs are anticipated to be success drivers for businesses moving forward.
When it comes to hiring UX/UI professionals, Texas is second in the nation, with 1,534 annual job postings and a median salary of $81,000 per year. In addition, UX/UI positions are anticipated to grow at 8.4% through 2030. (Burning Glass Technologies, 2021).
Technical and financial services companies are among the top employers for UX/UI designers.
These professionals help bridge the gap between clients and end-users through engaging, intuitive designs and employ soft skills such as empathy and teamwork to help meet organizational goals.
UX researchers, on the other hand, help financial institutions better understand fintech app customer requirements, as well as assist tech companies in identifying the right product functionality to provide users with easy solutions for challenges in their day-to-day lives.
One thing is certain — no matter which type of UX/UI role you choose, your future career will likely be an exciting and rewarding one. If you’re ready to be a part of this growing field, consider enrolling in The UX/UI Boot Camp at UT Austin to gain the in-demand skills you need to succeed in your UX/UI career. Take the next step toward your future today!
UT Austin Boot Camps are offered in partnership with edX.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our UX/UI boot camp in Austin is being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (512) 772-4643 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No prior UX/UI knowledge or experience is required. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare before classes begin.
Admission to UT Austin is not a requirement for enrollment in the UX/UI Boot Camp.
- 24-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.