Data Analysis Boot Camp in Austin Texas
Learn Data Analytics Online in 24 Weeks with Our Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp
We are committed to preparing our online data analytics students for success. With the rise of data in today’s economy, our program focuses on teaching individuals the practical and technical skills needed to analyze and solve complex data problems through an innovative online learning format.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our course offers live, interactive virtual classes led by skilled instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why Choose UT Austin’s Data Boot Camp?
- You will receive a certificate from UT Austin after studying part-time over 24 weeks.
- Projects align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like Finance Services, Human Resources, Healthcare and Government.
- You will receive the same level of support as our in-class experience including instructors, assistant instructors, learner success team, free tutor network, and more.
- You will benefit from the support career services will provide you during the program and after successful completion of the program.
What You Will Learn
Front End Web Visualization
Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your Instructor and Teaching Assistants.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new data skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on-pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
Job Outcomes in Austin, Texas
Those who complete the online data analytics program can be qualified for a number jobs including:
- Data analysts are responsible for collecting, cleaning, sorting, and analyzing large amounts of data. These individuals are crucial to today’s businesses, allowing for a strategic approach to making important organizational decisions and understanding their customers. While an analyst’s choice of technology will depend on the company or project they’re working with, most tend to have a basic mastery of programming in Excel, SQL databases, Python, and Tableau — and that’s just scratching the surface. To better perform their duties, data analysts often work to build custom data systems and methods for collection and data analysis before communicating their findings to company stakeholders in non-technical format. In addition to mastering industry-relevant databases and libraries, data analysts are also expected to be well-versed in identifying trends and patterns, producing easy-to-read reports, and collaborating across teams. While it’s the data analyst’s main responsibility to deliver insight, it’s just as important that they are able to clearly communicate those insights so a company or client can make a decision that best fits their big-picture goals moving forward. As a result, soft skills are equally important to professional success as technical skills, and a data analytics boot camp can help aspiring analysts master a variety of hard and soft skills to bring to the job.
According to Indeed, the top companies hiring data analysts in Austin, Texas, include Deloitte, Amazon, Accenture, and Visa.
- With the rise of Big Data, these skilled professionals have become in-demand across industries as businesses work to leverage the massive amounts of information they’ve collected. This newer role in the tech world straddles IT and business, and since both fields require a fundamental understanding of math and statistics, many current data scientists actually got their start in analytics. Before an analyst can sort through a dataset to draw valuable insights, a data scientist is responsible for collecting that data and converting it to a usable format that can then be organized and analyzed, and are also often in charge of writing the code that performs the analysis itself. To be successful in the role, data scientists should have a strong grasp of programming languages — Python and R being the most popular for the field — as well as a solid understanding of data visualization, data preparation, machine learning, deep learning, and text analytics technologies. Much like data analysts, soft skills like communication and time management are just as crucial to the role of a data scientist. A data analytics boot camp can help fill in the gaps through hands-on projects and peer collaboration, and can prepare learners for a job in the field through real-world working scenarios and career support services.
- According to Indeed, the top companies hiring Data Scientists in Austin, Texas, include Expedia, Intel, IBM, and PayPal.
- Simply put, business analysts are problem-solving powerhouses who work with businesses to solve current and future problems. Working alongside key stakeholders and decision-makers, business analysts must be able to clearly communicate advice and guidance in order to efficiently facilitate business needs, which they then turn around to communicate to internal or external IT teams — or vice versa. The tasks they perform on any given day will depend on the project they’re working on, what stage of the project they’re in, and additional variables involved; they might perform analyses of business needs, manage or assist in the development of a project, perform QA testing, or align with stakeholders, among other responsibilities. To be successful in the role, candidates should have in-depth experience in forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis as well as an understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as a familiarity with analytics tools like SQL and Tableau. It also helps to have a strong knowledge base around regulatory and reporting requirements. Of course, much like any other data-heavy position, soft skills like collaboration and communication are must-haves if you want to stand out to employers and get the job done. The hands-on projects and career support offered through a data analytics boot camp can quickly provide aspiring business analysts with the real-world experience and they need to provide genuine value within a company and implement meaningful change.
- According to Indeed, the top companies hiring Business Analysts in Austin, Texas, include Google, Atlassian, Accenture, and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
According to Indeed, the top companies hiring Software Developers in Austin, Texas, include Apple, Salesforce, Microsoft, and Expedia.
The Market for Data Analysts in Austin, Texas
According to research by Burning Glass Technologies’ Labor Insight™ 2020, data analysts can look forward to 12.3 percent projected job growth in the next ten years — much higher than the national average for all occupations. In Texas, there were 7,062 data analyst job postings in 2021 alone, earning a median salary of $73,000 annually — second only to California.
When it comes to employment of data analysts, aspiring professionals can choose from a wide variety of industries, including finance and insurance, manufacturing, health care, and transportation. By learning specialized skills useful to all data analysts, candidates can increase their chances of standing out from the competition and getting hired. Employers are looking for individuals with a solid foundation in SQL databases, Tableau, and Python programming, complemented by soft skills such as strong communication, collaboration, problem solving, and attention to detail.
At The Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp at Texas McCombs, students are immersed in a challenging curriculum covering these in-demand tools and technologies while fostering real-world collaboration on projects and in-class group work. After completing the program, students can qualify for roles like data analyst, business analyst, research analyst, and BI analyst — just to name a few.
Austin recently ranked No. 6 nationally on CBRE Group Inc.’s annual Scoring Tech Talent Report, thanks to its growing tech population, strong infrastructure, and huge growth potential drawing skilled professionals and companies alike. What’s more, Austin’s Silicon Hills continue to attract familiar names in technology, including substantial relocations by Oracle, Tesla, Green Dot, GovOS, iFly.vc, and Blockcap.
Is a Data Analytics Boot Camp Right for You?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply to The Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp at Texas McCombs
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analysis Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Data Boot Camp
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
» Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp » Product Management Boot Camp
» Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp
» Product Management Boot Camp
Frequently Asked Questions
Our data analysis and visualization boot camp in Austin is held online. Call us at (512) 308-3584 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No, admission to UT Austin is not a requirement for enrollment in the Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp.
No programming or data analytics experience is required. It is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
Our part-time program costs $12,745*. Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change
Learn more about The Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp by calling an admissions advisor at (512) 308-3584 or filling out the form below.
Get Program Info
UT Austin Boot Camps are offered in partnership with edX.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.