Online Austin Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp
Learn Data Analytics in 24 Weeks
We are committed to preparing our online data analytics students for success. With the rise of data in today’s economy, our program focuses on teaching individuals the practical and technical skills needed to analyze and solve complex data problems through an innovative online learning format.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our course blends the best of online education: engaging content to work through on your own schedule and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why choose our data analytics program?
- You will receive a certificate from UT Austin after studying part-time over 24 weeks.
- Projects align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like Finance Services, Human Resources, Healthcare and Government.
- You will receive the same level of support as our in-class experience including instructors, assistant instructors, learner success team, free tutor network, and more.
- You will benefit from the support career services will provide you during the program and after successful completion of the program.
What You Will Learn
Front End Web Visualization
Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Flexible Weekly Content
Each week you will work through the project-based curriculum on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your Instructor and Teaching Assistants.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new data skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on-pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
Those who complete the online data analytics program can be qualified for a number jobs including:
- A data analyst looks at large amounts of information to glean data-driven insights using a variety of coding, statistics, and tools. Responsible for collecting, cleaning, sorting, and analyzing large amounts of data, these individuals are crucial to today’s businesses, allowing for a strategic approach to making important organizational decisions and understanding their customers. While an analyst’s choice of technology will depend on the company or project they’re working with, most tend to have a basic mastery of programming in Excel, SQL databases, Python, and Tableau — and that’s just scratching the surface. To better perform their duties, data analysts often work to build custom data systems and methods for collection and data analysis before communicating their findings to company stakeholders in non-technical format. In addition to mastering industry-relevant databases and libraries, data analysts are also expected to be well-versed in identifying trends and patterns, producing easy-to-read reports, and collaborating across teams. While it’s the data analyst’s main responsibility to deliver insight, it’s just as important that they are able to clearly communicate those insights so a company or client can make a decision that best fits their big-picture goals moving forward. As a result, soft skills are equally important to professional success as technical skills, and a data analytics boot camp can help aspiring analysts master a variety of hard and soft skills to bring to the job. Because data analysts work so closely with both structured and unstructured data, individuals with strong math and statistical skills, a basic understanding of coding, and a keen eye for business tend to be strong candidates for the role.
- A data scientist employs advanced skills that include those of data analysts, data engineers, and more! Typically in the finance, government, and pharmaceutical sectors, they focus on machine learning and algorithm development for modeling trends and forecasting the future. With the rise of Big Data, these skilled professionals have become in-demand across industries as businesses work to leverage the massive amounts of information they’ve collected. This newer role in the tech world straddles IT and business, and since both fields require a fundamental understanding of math and statistics, many current data scientists actually got their start in analytics. Before an analyst can sort through a dataset to draw valuable insights, a data scientist is responsible for collecting that data and converting it to a usable format that can then be organized and analyzed, and are also often in charge of writing the code that performs the analysis itself. To be successful in the role, data scientists should have a strong grasp of programming languages — Python and R being the most popular for the field — as well as a solid understanding of data visualization, data preparation, machine learning, deep learning, and text analytics technologies. Much like data analysts, soft skills like communication and time management are just as crucial to the role of a data scientist. A data analytics boot camp can help fill in the gaps through hands-on projects and peer collaboration, and can prepare learners for a job in the field through real-world working scenarios and career support services.
- Simply put, business analysts are problem-solving powerhouses who work with businesses to solve current and future problems. These data professionals use Excel and PowerPoint to create reports around key business questions and develop strategies based on macro trends in the data. Working alongside key stakeholders and decision-makers, business analysts must be able to clearly communicate advice and guidance in order to efficiently facilitate business needs, which they then turn around to communicate to internal or external IT teams — or vice versa. The tasks they perform on any given day will depend on the project they’re working on, what stage of the project they’re in, and additional variables involved; they might perform analyses of business needs, manage or assist in the development of a project, perform QA testing, or align with stakeholders, among other responsibilities. To be successful in the role, candidates should have in-depth experience in forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis as well as an understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as a familiarity with analytics tools like SQL and Tableau. It also helps to have a strong knowledge base around regulatory and reporting requirements. Of course, much like any other data-heavy position, soft skills like collaboration and communication are must-haves if you want to stand out to employers and get the job done. The hands-on projects and career support offered through a data analytics boot camp can quickly provide aspiring business analysts with the real-world experience and they need to provide genuine value within a company and implement meaningful change.
Is this program right for you?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Data Analytics Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging content and projects to work through on your own schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
No, admission to UT Austin is not a requirement for enrollment in the Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp.
No programming or data analytics experience is required. It is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
Our part-time program costs $12,495*. Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change
UT Austin Boot Camps are offered in partnership with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
About Trilogy Education Services
Trilogy Education is a workforce accelerator that empowers the world’s leading universities to prepare professionals for high-growth careers in the digital economy. Thousands of people around the globe have completed Trilogy-powered programs, and more than 2,000 companies—including 50% of the Fortune 100—employ them.