Move closer to your dream career by working with our Career Services team. You’ll get direct access to resources, events, career pathing support, and our network of 260+ employer partners who love to hire boot camp graduates.
A Career-Building Experience Developed With Your Goals in Mind
From day one of your boot camp journey, you’ll have access to a dedicated Career Services team focused on helping you reach your professional goals.
Career Services at a Glance
Offered throughout boot camp and up to 90 days after boot camp completion
- Unlimited review of professional materials
- Personalized interview preparation
- Tailored career coaching to help you meet your professional goals
- Dedicated support navigating an industry or career change
- Expertise and guidance on most effective job search strategies
Benefit from career services throughout your career
- Job referrals to open positions at 260+ employer partners
- Professional workshops and industry events offered regularly
- Networking opportunities and exclusive career fairs
- Resources specific to your industry and career path
Dedicated Support During the Boot Camp
Not sure where your next career move will take you? Career Services will help you map a clear path and target a role you’re excited about.
Work with Career Services to tell your professional story through your brand statement, craft a resume tailored to your desired industry, and polish your online presence to increase your visibility.
Develop a plan for networking and interviewing with your coach. You’ll gain access to our national guide of meetups and events, plus a number of resources to help you make new connections in-person and online.
Present the skills and projects you’ve worked on throughout the program to industry professionals during a low pressure and intimate event. Attend Career Connections; a day-long event with a job fair and conference-style sessions focused on skills workshops and networking opportunities with industry partners. Your Career Services team will help you prepare so you can practice your pitch and ask for mentoring advice with confidence.
Get access to exclusive open roles and submit your resume through the Career Services job board. Work with your Career Services team to reach the “employer-ready” milestone and unlock access to job referrals to relevant and open positions through our 260+ employer partners.
Complete mock interviews with your coach to prepare — we’ll even provide advice on how to tackle interview practice problems. Access resources on effective interview practices and get the opportunity to attend behavioral and field-specific interview workshops.
Employer-Ready vs. Employer-Competitive
Career services works with hundreds of employer partners to understand exactly what they’re looking for in a candidate. Work with your Career Services team to first become employer-ready and qualify for additional support services that will then help you progress to being an employer-competitive candidate.
An employer-ready candidate has:
- Completed a minimum of what is expected to enter a typical job application process
- Strong professional materials, yet struggles to make it past the screening stage for most roles
An employer-competitive candidate has:
- Positioned themselves for success through networking, company research
- Excellent professional materials and a strong demonstration of their commitment to ongoing learning
- Effective outreach and follow-up strategies for each role pursued
- Higher likelihood of landing their desired role
Stay Supported Throughout Your Career
We know that your next step after the boot camp isn’t always your final destination. The Career Engagement Network (CEN) is your one-stop shop where you can find resources, guides, and ongoing professional events and workshops to help you maintain your competitive edge even after you’ve completed your boot camp.
We’re here to help you thrive as you pursue your career path — you’ll get continued access to professional templates and networking events, plus referrals to roles with our 260+ employer partners.
Career Services FAQ
Your career team includes a dedicated contact for career material feedback and for career coaching. They offer 1:1 coaching to share strategies, tools, and additional resources to help you conduct a competitive search. Your Career Services team will send you an email on day 2 of your program and will be in constant contact to keep you on track with your professional milestones. While 1:1 coaching typically begins towards the end of the program, you are welcome to contact your Career Services team for support at any time.
The career team has a network of over 260 employer partners. You’ll work with your Career Material Advisor and Career Coach to become eligible for job referrals to our employer partners. We maintain a close relationship with our partners to stay up-to-date on what they are looking for in top candidates. We then use that information to guide the career services that you receive and to make sure our curriculum features the most in-demand skills. We are always updating our program’s curriculum and career support resources to be in line with what employers are looking for. As a boot camp student, you’ll gain exclusive access to the knowledge and resources to best position you for success.
While there are general job types and career paths that match your program, the exact job you land after the program depends entirely on you. Your target role will depend on a variety of variables, including your past experience, your career interests, and where you’d like to live — not to mention, the work you put into your search. Your Career Coach can help you determine which path(s) are best for you and help you review job descriptions of your target roles to help make you as competitive of a candidate as possible.
The career team offers interview support in the following ways:
- Mock Interviewing – You can schedule a mock behavioral interview with your Career Coach. They will conduct a practice interview with you and offer feedback to help you improve.
- Behavioral Interview Prep Session – Sign up for a behavioral interview workshop, which explores the basics of a behavioral interview, shares best practices, and provides you with an approach to respond to common interview questions.
- Field-Specific Interview Workshop – You can also register for one of our various field-specific interview workshops. You’ll learn strategies on how to answer specific questions within an industry/role in the first half, after which you’ll practice with a set of real-world questions.
It is important to note that success in your job search depends on your target role, your market, and most importantly, YOU. Career Services is here to amplify your efforts, not replace them. Our team can help you become a more competitive candidate and through that process, increase your chances of achieving your career goals. Speak with our admissions team to learn more about the differences between being employer-ready and employer-competitive.
If you are ready to learn more about UT Austin Boot Camps, contact an admissions advisor by filling out the form below.